Online Acrylic Pour Art Workshop – Saturday 14 May 2020
In this Acrylic Pour Art Workshop, you will learn from an Abstract fluid artist the knowledge and skills that you need to create beautiful abstract fluid art paintings.
You will learn acrylic pour techniques and work with different colours to create truly unique abstract paintings.
Acrylic pour painting is a unique art form that involves improvisation, being in the moment and following your creative instincts. It is a very calming and therapeutic experience.
If you have always wanted to do something creative while having fun and bond with your family and friends, this workshop is for you! This would also be great as a birthday, thank you or anniversary gift for a loved one.
In a friendly and supportive environment, you will learn:
- The basics of acrylic pour painting
- The tools or supplies that are needed
- Basic colour theory and how to choose colours that will go together
- How to choose paint types that are good for acrylic pouring and methods for mixing paint and pouring medium properly
- Acrylic pour techniques such as ‘Cup Flip’ and ‘Ring Pour’ to create abstract artworks
- Composition and how to avoid overworking your painting
- Recommendations on how to store your painting for drying and how to varnish your painting.
What you will take away from this workshop:
- Two completely unique 20 x 20cm paintings that you have created
- An information sheet (supplies that you will need and tips if you want to do this at home)
- A basic colour wheel
- Simple tools you need to re-create these paintings
- Basic skills for creating abstract acrylic pour painting with different effects (cells and unique patterns)
- Explore and channel your inner creativity into art
- Learn a new skill in a friendly environment
- Have a fun and relaxing time
- A chance to do something creative with friends and family
Beginners are welcomed. No experience is necessary.
*** Small class size to ensure attention can be given to each participant (maximum of 10 people). This class is suitable for adults and kids can join in too.