Bluey and Bingo cartooning workshop (9 July 10-11:30am)
Who doesn’t love Bluey? In this Cartooning Workshop, the children will learn from an Australian artist and qualified teacher and develop the drawing and cartooning skills needed to illustrate one of the most popular cartoon characters on Australian television- Bluey!
In a friendly and fun environment, the children will learn:
- The basics of cartooning
- How to draw the most popular character- Bluey, along with another favourite character
- Observational drawing techniques and building a character with different shapes
- How to use markers to make cartoon characters stand out
- How to choose the right colours for the characters
- Blending techniques to add colour to the illustrations
- Colouring in techniques that makes the characters stand out
- Cartoon drawing skills that they would master and continue to develop after completing the workshop
At the end of the workshop, the children will take away with them:
- Two illustrations of Bluey cartoon characters that they can show to their families and friends
- A beautiful frame to put one of their illustrations in
- Basic Cartooning skills (including observational drawing techniques, tracing, blending and colouring in techniques) that they can practise at home and continue to develop their skills
- Quality illustration marker and drawing pencil they can bring home to illustrate with
- Quality drawing paper they can bring home to illustrate on
- A newly found confidence in illustrations and drawing cartoons!
Beginners are welcomed. No experience is necessary.
*** Small class size to ensure attention can be given to each participant. This class is suitable for children aged 4 years and older.
When: 9 July 10-11:30am
Venue: Seed & Spark– 186b Victoria Rd, Drummoyne
Cost: $45 including all the tools and materials.
If you bring one or more friends, you’ll all receive a discount ($40 per ticket for 2+ tickets)! Seats are limited, so hurry!
What to wear & bring: Wear comfortable clothing.
Bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated and a light snack for morning tea. No nuts and No eggs please as some children may be allergic to nuts and eggs.
“My daughter enjoyed the workshop so much. She felt supported during the class and really accomplished and proud of her drawings. Thank you for running such a great event.” – Faith
“Attended a bluey workshop, my child was probably one of the youngest there (4.5), she did enjoy her time there and she came home with a piece of artwork she was proud of. There was a show and tell at the end of the class and you could see what the kids were learning as they drew which is great. Would definitely come back.” Wendy
“Seeing my children’s pride as they showed me their artwork, which turned out so beautiful.” – Naomi